Achieving excellence together
As members of the school community of St Patrick’s Academy, we will strive to work in harmony to:
- Nurture our Catholic faith;
- Celebrate our Irish culture;
- Appreciate and respect all cultures;
- Experience a stimulating, challenging curriculum;
- Establish an ethos of support and encouragement;
- Respect ourselves, each other and our shared environment;
- Achieve our full potential;
- Develop as confident, independent, self-motivated, life-long learners;
- Work in partnership with parents/guardians;
- Contribute actively to the wider community.
School Mission Statements:
We believe that we will help our young people to succeed by providing them with opportunities to:
- Become actively involved in individual and collective worship and in practical Christian living;
- Experience high-quality, well-resourced teaching;
- Evaluate their own learning and focus on areas for improvement;
- Work collaboratively with their teachers and their peers;
- Participate in a process of personal development;
- Develop their self-esteem and respect for others;
- Participate in a rich, diverse programme of extra-curricular activities, cultural, sporting, recreational and environmental;
- Develop an understanding of society at local, national and global levels;
- Prepare for the workplace;
- Develop habits of good attendance and punctuality;
- Develop their ability to become effective learners through the application of their ICT skills.
Emphasising the importance of St. Patrick as the patron of our school, we will endeavour to be:
- P – Partners in the pursuit of excellence
- A – Achievers who reach their full potential
- T – Team workers, who value the contributions of others
- R – Respecters of human dignity
- I – Inspirers, who set good example
- C – Creators of a caring and generous community
- K – Keepers of the faith and tradition
"St Patrick, patron of our school,
Inspire us to bring out the best in everyone.
Encourage us to use our talents to the full.
Help us to respect others as much as we respect ourselves.
Through your intercession,